2.26.2012

Baked Fuji Apple


fuji 1

fuji 3

fuji 4

I think Fuji apples are the prettiest! Striped, mottled, crispy, sweet perfection; this morning as the sun finally crested the mountains, I stood with camera in hand, photographing as golden light streamed onto golden skin. Once again I paired the fresh against a background of well-used [clean!] kitchenware; I really haven't figured out entirely why this combination trips my happy trigger -- I think it appeals to a deeper symbolism. Fuji apples have such great character that it's difficult to make an uninteresting photo of them, but I think you have to keep it simple or else be visually overwhelmed. This morning everything came together in a way that reminded me of standing in a grandmother's kitchen as a youngster, watching as the apples were being prepared for baking; the perspective felt right, and I went with it.

0comments:

Post a Comment