9.01.2011

Chances and Hands

Hands
Layout courtesy Don Giannatti.

Here is another photo made for a Project 52 assignment. I really struggled with enjoying putting this one together; I couldn't get the image to resemble what it looked like in my imagination! I just got stuck for several hours with frustration and I couldn't appreciate what I was accomplishing, ending up feeling very dissatisfied with the outcome. After 4 hours of work, I had to call it quits. My children were on their way home from school, signalling the end of my day. I have to say, I may never enjoy this image because it will never be the image I had intended, but it is okay for what it is. It was shot to layout and fits the criteria of the assignment; it pulls its own weight. I guess we can't make a home-run every time we get up to bat, right?

I know, from an entrepreneurial aspect, I probably shouldn't admit to any of the above, but a long time ago I made a decision to always be honest with myself and others. I am a perfectionist with my work, and it *is* very frustrating when you have a vision of things one way, and an inability to put that into a concrete form. I gave a lot of thought to this image before ever picking up my camera, and even then I wasn't able to make it work! It happens to everyone. You move on, learning when to say when, and to not beat yourself up for being human. :)

0comments:

Post a Comment