3.18.2012

Leftovers!

cold smoked reuben / 78.366

leftovers


One of my very favorite things about cooking a big meal is ... leftovers! It's probably not coincidental that some food just tastes better the second day, because not only do the flavors really get to meld together, but there's very little work involved! I decided on Reubens for our leftovers, and throw my own little twists into it. I like mine with smoked gouda, a leaf of red cabbage, a layer of sauerkraut, the ever necessary corned beef, and a bit of Dijon or course brown mustard. Throw it all together on some rye and pumpernickel and either grill it on a panini press, or have it cold. I had mine as a late lunch and decided to have the leftover brussels sprouts, baked potato salad, and par-boiled carrots, celery, and onion. I'm all set for lunch *and* dinner, and ready to go hang out with a glass of wine and a good movie!

0comments:

Post a Comment